Thursday, September 07, 2006

Why Surf's Up?

... asked vikya this morning referring to my blog title. Never struck me to write about that... It wasnt just a cool sounding name that I picked up... everything I have to say about life in general is so conveniently captured by this phrase.

Surf's Up!, I reckon, is primarily used by the surfing community. They hang around at the beach, waxing their boards, waiting for the surf to pick up... and when it does, they know that its a good time to venture out and hit the water.

I would like to look at every day in life like a day at the beach... you are confronted with situations that get you thinking... should I make my move now or wait for the right time? Think 'acting' (one way or the other) works in the long run... and surf's up! seems to suggest just that. I dont claim that I do that all the time... but its just one of those things which I like to fall back on. I guess its one of those A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home